=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ideal CPU and Motherboard

Go down 
+6
M0nkeyBh0y
jemiol
hawkpete2
crack
r3lic222
Kev
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm

I agree with everything you just said, it isn't a fashion accessory for everyone, a lot of people put the iPhone to good use however if you just stand in the O2 shop for 5 mins I guarantee you'll get a retard coming in and buying one, only to use it like a normal phone ie calls and texts. I have no doubt that you use your phone properly, you are a geek (and I say that as a compliment) after all Smile

The iPhone is definitely more rounded, it does everything a Sony walkman does and more (ie calls, texts, internet, apps etc etc). That is definately not up for debate Smile I was comparing iPods to walkmans, a direct comparison, and pointing out that the Sony's have much better sound quality; the one thing surely you would look for in an mp3 player. Unfortunately Sony also know this so have started putting a web browser and youtube app thing on their walkmans and they are apparently sinful. I don't know why they even bothered, it is the worst user experience everm they should have stuck with what they are good at rather than trying to create an all round device.

My point of view is different than many, I prefer to have dedicated devices that are each very good at their one purpose ie Walkman, digital camera, phone. Rather than having one device that is average at everything. As pointed out previously, I have a smartphone however I very rarely use the camera or mp3 player because I own individual devices which far out perform them. I'm sure you cannot disagree that the iPhone camera is worse than a dedicated camera. This is fine for most but I'm stupid like that :p

My Palm Pre can do everything the iPhone can do plus a little bit more (eg multi tasking) however I must confess that certain areas of the iPhone are just better. The browser for one is faster (not a huge amount but it is consistently faster) and the app store (the most commonly touted feature) is better on the iPhone, however the Pre is now getting better in this respect Smile 3D games are already being released and the apps are increasing in quality and quantity. One major thing I love about my phone is the ability to customise it exacltly howI want. There is a huge homebrew community who make patches to tweak the phone to do anything you want! And Palm openly support them.

Where this is coming to is: iPhone = Great phone, Palm Pre = Great phone. You basically just have to choose which one you prefer. Unfortunately the Pre hasn't had much advertising so the vast majority of consumers go straight to the iPhone.

Quote :
Thanks for all the advice so far R3lic. Definetly will be upgrading my PC this year with your help. Cheers mate

My pleasure Smile I'm always here to help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:30 pm

iphone camera sucks arse big time.

the main point is .....we are both very happy with our phones! Lol
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 pm

i can see where your comeing from kev and i do understand a lot of people like apple not just because its cool, even if everything changed and they became fantstic i would never buy one becuase of business prectices im one of these sad peple tyhat care about taht and will boycott compaines for it,

the reason i love google there company motto "Dont be evil" they dont charge for anything and everything is open sourced such breath of fresh air, and if you think the i phone camera sucks trust me the G1 is the worst ive seen lol

anyway onto port port forwarding. now i will be honest ive not seen a set up like that before this may sound stupid when programs try to make things simple it confuses me lol

under protocol you are going to select either TCP or UDP or TCP/UDP

the ones under the list like 80 put the range 80 to 80
the ones that go 9960-9969 put the range 9960 to 9969
use the TCP for the ones under the TCP list obviously and
and when they appear on both list use TCP/UDP

now i think translate to is asking for your ip just put your pc ip address in there, if you dont know it this is how you get it

start menu then run type "cmd" then hit enter

black box appears type ipconfig

this gives all your details on your connection it will be something like 192.168.1.X.

now its hard to tell if this is defiantly right for your set up as i said i haven't used your type of router before and they have changed the lay out quite a bit.

that being said i know a great free program called team viewer, this will let me take control of your pc remotely and i can do it for you if you have any problems or even if your unsure about it feal free to just say.

Quote :
i colud usse help with that, i'm ussing wirles ruter and i have 2 laptops conected to it sometimes i'm geting error message that thete is an ip conflict that my machine have same ip as the other one
so crack if u have sam sper time friday night or sam other day u could talk me trought this

more than happy to help jemiol i have dealt with this before but for the life of me cant remembered how i fixed it Embarassed

but firstly do any of you pc/laptops whatever on the router have static ip set up?
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 5:53 pm

shit i forgot to say you remember and look at your router to assign your pc the same ip address every time or you will be editing this every time you play
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:32 am

OK, I did know how to do it, wasn't sure if my method was the correct one :p

Quote :
now i think translate to is asking for your ip

I believe the Translate To box is where you can put your own reference port number so if you are doing 80 - 80 you can put 80 or if you are doing 1200 to 1210 you could put 1200. I don't think this is necessary, pretty sure I left it blank each time, I also have a Thompson router so had the same UI.

Check out this link, its a slightly different UI but very similar

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/Speedtouch510v6/Xwis.htm

Hope this works Smile
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:26 am

Quote :
OK, I did know how to do it, wasn't sure if my method was the correct one :p

lol i was pretty sure you knew how to do it.

Quote :
I believe the Translate To box is where you can put your own reference port number so if you are doing 80 - 80 you can put 80 or if you are doing 1200 to 1210 you could put 1200. I don't think this is necessary, pretty sure I left it blank each time, I also have a Thompson router so had the same UI.

im glad you knew about this as it lost me a bit Smile
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Quote :
im glad you knew about this as it lost me a bit

Haha i was just as confused as you when we got our router through, went to open the ports and just stared confused for a few seconds before googling it :p

Kev what provider are you on? We're with Be* and they use the same or a similar router
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm

I am with Be aswell.

Thanks for all the advice fellas. just waiting for my static ip address. Have had to request it from my provider. Once I have that i will tackle all the other stuff. Advice all looks good and understandable. excellent link.
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:59 pm

Kev a static ip from your isp will only be the ip of your router so won't do you any good in this situation.

How an ip work is every pc on the net must have a unique one, but they learnt the ratr it was growing they couldn't do this so what they done for a work around was the router would hold the public ip address. What you get from your isp and what the workld sees then every pc behind it gets what's called a private ip. This was the range 192.168.xxx.xxx.

When information is sent. Its sent to the public ip address as this is all the rest of the world sees so what were fixing out it is the last bit so the router knows what private address it needs to send the information for battlefeild to.

Just thought I would give you the why as well as what to do.

So what you need to do is go to your routers gui and make sure it gives your pc the same private ip address everytime so your not changeing your port forwarding all the time to match.

Useally routers will do it eother by the pc name, which you can get by right clicking on my computer and going to properties or by the mac address you will find thid by doing the ipconfig I said in the earlyer post, its just a bunch of random numbers and letters but this is unquie to every pc in the world
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:50 am

I know you said you weren't going to upgrade just yet but I felt like having a look around at some components antyway and see what is available. My current recommendations are:

Core i7 PC

ComponenteBuyer Price
MotherboardASUS P6t IX 58172.89
ProcessorIntel Core i7 920213.64
RAM6GB Corsair XMS3135.00
Graphics CardRadeon 5850242.40

Total: 763.93

Core i5 PC

ComponenteBuyer Price
MotherboardGigabyte GA-P55M-UD281.07
ProcessorIntel Core i5 750150.69
RAM8GB Kingston HyperX Memory180.32
Graphics CardRadeon 5850242.40

Total: £654.48

All prices are from eBuyer which means that they aren't always the cheapest, I know you can get a Radeon 5850 for around £200 so that would knock £40 off both prices alone.

For the Core i5 system I have compensated for the slightly slower CPU with 8GB RAM. The components in the i5 system are recommended by PC Gamer so you know they are a good choice. In all fairness I would probably suggest the i5 is the better of the 2 systems and you would save yourself £100 (maybe spend some on a case) and it is still a formidable machine.

Just thought I would give you a quick update Smile Realistically I reckon we could knock the i5 machine down below the £600 mark with a bit of price hunting.
Back to top Go down
M0nkeyBh0y
=T.O.D=
M0nkeyBh0y

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 am

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Thats my processor and gpu
my motherboard is an Asus p5N72-T Premium

If i remember correctly the processor was £160 and board was almost the same price.

I usually shop online at www.aria.co.uk found their prices to be pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeespaintballforum.freeforums.org
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:42 am

Nice rig, I've got a P5N-E mobo so the earlier version of yours Smile Its a good board but its DDR2. Definately suggest going DDR3 now though.

Aria are good, I've bought a couple of things from them, just did a quick price check using ebuyer to get a rough estimate Smile Can do a proper price up later on. I like ebuyer because they are usually quite cheap and their delivery is amazin, you choose super saver free delivery and it often comes next day!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
=T.O.D=
Ghost

PostSubject: Dont forget to load right os if you have lots of ram   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:42 am

Yes i found out the hard way ... loaded windows 7 32 bit my ram pool was not showing right amount like only 2.6 gig out of 5 this includes video card memory , Installed 64 bit ram useable OK
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:09 am

hehe yeah that's a common mistake, 32bit OS's only support about 3GB of RAM. To be honest I'm not sure why they even sell 32bit versions any more, the majority of new computers these days have at least 4GB And I wouldn't recommend using any less unless you want to haveto upgrade in the next few months :p
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 am

Hi frends!!! I was reading your topic and i think it's time to change my pc for new model becouse on my old one it's hard to do enithing iven look on internet i don't talk about play on BF 2142 Bad Computer Bad Computer Bad Computer So R3lic can you do me a favour and if you will have some time can you bild a PC for me up to 1000 euro!!! Thanks for any help hail hail hail
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Bobek, a few questions first:

- are you confident to build the computer yourself or would you rather buy a prebuilt one?
- if building your own, are there any components worth keeping from your current one to save money (eg monitor, keyboard etc)
- which country are you living in at the moment? I'm just wondering about delivery etc and which sites to use to price things up on.

Get back to me and I'll be happy to help Smile
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

I live in Ireland at the moment!!! From my old computer we can use monitor, keybord (logitech G-15 with one i like Very Happy ), mouse, DVD drive(in future i will think about blueray if wont be to expensive)!!! Rest of my curent pc will be useless!!!
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Ah Ireland makes things very easy Smile Keeping keyboard monitor and mouse will save you quite a bit Smile I take it you are confident building your own comp? BluRay is still pretty expensive, I'll get a quick price up and see what I can find
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 pm

I should manage to put it together myself!!! Thanks for help R3lic!!!
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Ok, I've done a quick price check, 1000eur = about £900 atm so i've gone for a £900 budget. All prices are from ebuyer as a preliminary, ive included the quick codes so you can check all the items yourself and view my choices. If you are happy then you can go ahead and buy it all from ebuyer or i can check around for cheaper prices (pretty sure I can knock some down).

QtyNameQuick FindPrice
Processor1Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz172755157.98
Motherboard1Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD217354281.07
RAM2Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333MHz158711159.99
Graphics Card1MSI Radeon 5850189406247.60
Power Supply1Arctic Power 700W12492741.88
Hard Drives2Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB12422879.53
Case1Compucase 6XM114448455.12
USB Card1Newlink USB PCI Card1085945.99
Thermal Paste1Arctic Silver Thermal Paste1264105.69

Ok total comes to £848 so about 940 euros but as I said previously, that can be reduced with a bit of shopping around. The comp you will end up with will be a 2.66GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, Radeon 5850 and I have put down 2 Caviar Blue HDD drives which I suggest running in RAID 1, this basically gives you 2 copies of all your files so if one HDD fails you don't lose your stuff and it also gives a bit of a speed boost.

I have chosen a case for you, though it is just one that I like and you can by all means change it to one you like, as I said to Kev avoid the cheapo cases as they are useless.

I have also stuck in a USB card which will give you 4 extra USB slots in the back of your comp, something that I find extremely useful because I'm always running short!

Finally there is some thermal paste, this should be put on the top of the processor before you put the heat sync on to improve heat loss for the processor, the processor will come with instructions on how to do this but if you get confused you can always ask me about anything.

Let me know what you think and I can tweak the components and price to suit you Smile
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:38 am

since all this is going on my credit card Sad i'll do rest of the talking
he is happy out with the set up and the fact that u did it so fast hail
if u can knock off fiew more £ it would be great cheers and post the links so i can syart buying components
he is asking about the fan and radiatir for processor are those include in that?
alsaw he need OS if u could post link to cheep win7 i think it would be bether for hem to buy ultimate or professional edition

thanks for all your help u the king
Back to top Go down
skeeba
Founder of =T.O.D=
skeeba

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 am

here is my Set up

study

Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 41 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor 22inch LG
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones: speakers 5.1 surround sound Logitech
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface: a plastic sqaure
Operating System: Windows Vista™️ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
Motherboard: Amg motherboard
Computer Case: a black case
Back to top Go down
skeeba
Founder of =T.O.D=
skeeba

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:56 am

also i got a 500 gb hard drive Exclamation Wink
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 am

Quote :
he is asking about the fan and radiatir for processor are those include in that

When you buy a stock processor it will come boxed with the standard heatsink and fan, you can if you like buy a separate one which will reduce the heat and allow you to overclock more however the one that comes in the box is fine Smile This is also something you can upgrade later if you decide the processor is getting too hot Smile

I'll have a look around and post up the links to all the components Smile

Processor: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/CPUs+/+Processors/Intel/Core+i5/Intel+Core+i5+750+2.66Ghz+(Lynnfield)+(Socket+LGA1156)+Processor+-+Retail+?productId=37674&source=googleps - £156.26

Motherboard: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/173542 - £81.07

RAM: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/158711 - 159.99

GFX Card: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/PCI-E/ATI+Radeon+5000+Series+PCI-E/Sapphire+ATI+Radeon+HD+5850+1024MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=38116&source=googleps - £234.99

PSU: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/124927 - £41.88

HDD: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Hard+Drives/Serial+ATA/Western+Digital+500GB+3.5%22+SATA+II+Hard+Drive+-+OEM+?productId=27026&source=googleps - £73.76

Case: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/144484 - £55.12

USB Card: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/108594 - £5.99

Thermal Paste: http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Fans,+Heatsinks,+Coolers/Accessories/Arctic+Silver+Ceramique+Thermal+Compound+?productId=7774 - £3.51

OK, all the links are either ebuyer or Aria, they were the cheapest in most cases, also by only using the 2 sites you dont have to create lots of separate orders :p

Total price comes to £812.57 so 897.28 EUR. Hope this is what you are looking for Smile Glad to be of help
Back to top Go down
r3birth
=T.O.D=
r3birth

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 am

...Can you get one for me too Jemoil. My computer is a little slow and backward these days! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ideal CPU and Motherboard   The Ideal CPU and Motherboard - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ideal CPU and Motherboard
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: General :: Tech Centre-
Jump to: