=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wierd stuff

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:15 am

hey relic, im kinda confuzzled, i have 4gb of ram but because im on 32 bit it only registers 3072mb of it, but lately its been saying i have 3900mb or 3500mb and my graphics memory has been at 3gb for a few days, i dont get it is my comp burning out ? or just misreading things ?
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 3:36 am

Where are you getting these readings from? The System Properties window?

As for the RAM, the reading will fluctuate a fair amount, for vista the maximum you should see is 3.12GB however this will drop depending on how many devices you have on the computer. It should be nothing to worry about Smile

I'm not quite sure what is happening with the graphics, is this reading from the System Properties window? I haven't seen mention of the gt240 having problems but I'll have a proper look when you get back to me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 am

at first it was on the Nvidia settings menu, then on my system specs sheet, then that gaming site which tells you if you can run a game.
i have noticed my cards performance has increased, 2142 on highest with 4xAA used to be 45 fps now its at 100 constant no drop or increase depending on server, latency, game mode or number of players. bad company 2 works on highest with 40 fps which when i installed it highest ran at 20 fps. i think my comp has ate some spinache Very Happy

UBER COMPOOPER!
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:35 am

Haha interesting. Not sure what's happened there! I just had a weird problem myself, running Motionbuilder a 3D animation program and my comp suddenly ground to a halt. Realised it was using 7.5GB of my RAM :s Crappy 3D animation programs
Back to top Go down

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:38 am

7.5 gb :/ i wish i had that much, im gonna maybe get a new card in 6 months, power pack first ofcourse i want me an awesome 280GTX *foams at the mouth*
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:43 am

Haha yeah, I doubled up to 8GB when I got my Radeon 5850, Waiting to finish my assignments so I can stick my 2 new HDDs in and RAID them. My current HDD is by far the slowest part of my comp. Wow 280GTX! Hopefully in 6 months there will be some good deals on it, either that or there will be newer, cheaper, more powerful cards out Smile 6 months is an age in computing terms!
Back to top Go down

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:46 am

yeah its annoying how fast things become out dated, im glad warcraft 3 is still in the top ten of most players online Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wierd stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wierd stuff   Wierd stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wierd stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: General :: Tech Centre-
Jump to: