=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices Empty
PostSubject: some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices   some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:20 pm

this is what kaos has found which changes the russian voices to accented english so you can understand what they are saying. there are also some other wee bits which help.

Go to your my documents and BFBC2 folder. In there you'll find a few files but 2 of interest right now.
First we'll open settings.ini using notepad.

In there we'll look for the following:

VoipEnable=true <-enabling voip in game sometimes doesn't work. Set it to true here to make sure it works.

SpeakerCount=0 <- 0 is auto-detect which doesn't work very well. If you have 4.1 set this to 5. If you have 5.1 surround set it to 6 and if you have 7.1 surround set it to 8.

Bloom=false <- Set bloom to false if you suffer from ridiculous brightness in the vehicles on the desert map and snow maps. Note this setting sometimes resets so it's worth checking this before launching the client each time or setting the file to read only.

Fov=74 This increases your field of view meaning you can see more on the screen. This value is the vertical fov though so setting it to 100 will give you a bad fisheye effect. 74 is good for 16:10 ratio screens. To calculate your fov use the following http://rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php Just put in your screen resolution and set the desired horizontal fov to 100 and calculate the value you need to put here for the vertical fov.

Now in the GameSettings.ini
VoipEnable=1 <- needs to be set to 1 to enable voip. Both this and the voip=true in settings.ini need to be set for voip to work.

OriginalVOForEnemyTeam=0 <- This changes the Russian language to accented English. Very useful since you'll now know when buildings are collapsing, when you spot out a sniper instead of infantry and you'll hear things like shouts for ammo and health too.
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices   some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Andy thank you for this. Its so funny at times as well LOL.

The weird thing is when I increased the fov my game got smother
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices   some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:05 am

thanks for sharing Andy cheers
Back to top Go down
CaptainMagicAA
=T.O.D=
CaptainMagicAA

PostSubject: Re: some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices   some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks Andy bloom=false and Fov=74 is better : Yes cheers2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices   some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some wee things for bc2 inc changing the russian voices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: Games :: Bad Company 2 chat-
Jump to: