=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rellic i need your help mate

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crack
Admin
crack

rellic i need your help mate Empty
PostSubject: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:06 pm

ok my gfx card just kicked the bucket tonight so im now ruled out for tomorrow night for bf2142 but i want to try and get a card for next day delivery on for Saturday.

the thing is i hav enot paid that much attention to the gfx card market in a couple years and i dont have the time to spend catching up on it all.

so mate could you please help me choose a card that will last a couple years

my budget is £200 - £250 i might be able to squeeze to £300

anything you could recommend???
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:17 pm

this means squesing even more money but im likeing the look of this seems to be better than anything else round its price range

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/201510
Back to top Go down
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:31 am

have you tried kustom pc in ayr
there prices are not to bad ill post a link and im sure if you give them a call they would hold on to one for you till you got down there

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/

easy enough to find as its just round the corner from the bus station
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:39 am

problem for me is i work till 8pm mate so i still coudnt get it for tonight Sad and i dont drive lol.

i will have look at the site but see if theres anything worth picking up tomorrow
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:40 am

Mate I was going to suggest the 5850 to you so that is perfect Razz I have it in my PC and it smashes any game it comes up against, my housemate got instantly jealous and bought one himself. It's also the GFX card I put in Bobeks PC and I would highly recommend it

I haven't seen any reviews on the 2GB version, I'm using the 1GB atm and it is plenty powerful enough. With that in mind, if you have the extra £100 for the 2GB version than by all means go for it. I never go for cards much over £200 because they don't usually offer a significant enough boost for the cost (this is just my opinion) and they drop down in price so quickly in a few months. It is completely up to you though, both cards will last for a good few years (unless you are a complete power freak like me which means 6-12 months Razz)

The 1GB version is around £240 atm

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/ATI+5800+Series/Powercolor+ATI+Radeon+HD+5850+OC+%22CODMW2+Edition%22+1024MB+GDDR5+PCI-Express+Graphics+Card+?productId=40057

or the 2GB version for £306

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=47549&tid=frooct

That 2GB one is a very good deal, twice the RAM for £60, the only drawback is I haven't used that site before Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:48 am

haha out of touch half asleep in the morning and i can still spot a good crad Cool

my problem is i am a power freak i allways like to get the best i can lol

money is tight but so i might decided on the 1gb, do you if that site does sat delivery cause thats a nice saveing on ebuyer
Back to top Go down
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:19 am

cheers andy i will have a look at it
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:35 am

It looks like that site doesnt do Saturday delivery Sad I'm fairly sure Aria do, the cheapest on overclockers is £232 and the cheapest on aria is £234 so they are very similar prices, it's your choice where you get it from Smile That is for the 1GB version.

Or how about this, andy may have found you the deal you are after:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-233-SP&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

2GB version for £297.99 from overclockers, just make sure they do saturday delivery Smile
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:37 am

ahh damm cheaper again but i need to use pay apl and they dont take it dam being in a hurry lol
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:38 am

Why do you need to use paypal?
Back to top Go down
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:13 am

ye relic the overclockers do a sat delivery.
when i went on they were doing a deal to get a free upgrade to a sat delivery if you order by 5 pm tonight. as soon as i seen it i thought of crack
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:19 am

woohooo its all bought i will be on friday ,

just hope it dosnt turn out to be my pci slot What a Face
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:23 am

Quote :
just hope it dosnt turn out to be my pci slot

That would be bad, however it would mean you have an uber powerful new graphics card when you replace your MOBO Razz

Quote :
i will be on friday

Is it same day delivery!?
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:39 am

hehe need to pay attention more to what i type i ment staurday Embarassed

hehe gd way to look at it and then i just need to get an uber mobo to go with it Very Happy

ohh and i caved in to temptation and got the 2gb version Smile
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:41 am

For under £300 that makes complete sense Very Happy I managed to get my 1GB one on offer for £186 so I'm still very happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:28 am

thats an amzing price,

well both you gave me cheaper options but half my money was in pay pal so i had to use that and get a staurday delivery so it ment £360 from ebuyer Sad

but hey it will be worth it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:32 am

Ah well, it will still be worth it, you won't need to upgrade it for a while!
Back to top Go down
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:20 am

getting a few hundred quid soon should be paying off my debts but might be tempted to use some to get a nice new grafix card or upgrade fron a duel core to a quad core
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:48 am

yea thats why im not too bothered last one gave me about 3 years so shoudl get the same out of this.

ohh you ctaching the bug andy Smile im thinking the same allways tempted just to get a quad core but really want to hold off till i can afford an i7

what gfx crad you running just now andy?
Back to top Go down
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:57 am

HIS HD 3870 IceQ 3 Turbo 512MB (256bit) GDDR4 (Rev 2) PCIe

its not to bad but not the best plus no dx11 support
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:02 am

can still hold its head but, mightbe an idea at looking at the cpu 1st
Back to top Go down
killieandy
=T.O.D=
killieandy

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:12 am

ye just been looking to see what my mobo can take
can get quad core np in it but just seen it only takes ddr2 1200 so looks like i will have to get a new mobo, ram and cpu. oh the joys lol
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:28 pm

lol i allways hate him i wants this i can afford this but shit i need to but that, that and that which i cant afford lol
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:02 pm

I would definitely advise anyone, if they were going to buy a new CPU to upgrade to the new core i processors, it is cheaper to keep an old MOBO and upgrade to an older quad core but it will mean no DDR3. Plus the i7's support triple channel DDR3 which is currently screaming 'come buy me' at the moment but I can't afford it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rellic i need your help mate   rellic i need your help mate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rellic i need your help mate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next