=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!

Go down 
+4
CaptainMagicAA
r3lic222
killieandy
Kev
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:09 am

When I get back today I want to check the motheboard to make sure that is working. How do I do that to be sure? Remove all ram? Also what CMOS settings? I have read that manufacturers can send the mobo's with the wrong jumper settings, could this be an issue? Any other things i can do? Maybe starting up, with just mobo , fans and CPU?
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 am

If you remove all the RAM the motherboard should just beep at you. Try doing this first to check it is working ok, however the computer will not boot without RAM.

The fact that it is constantly restarting means it could be the PSU. Try unplugging the graphics card and only having the processor and one stick of RAM plugged in and see if all of the fans start and stay on.

I personally haven't ever had to adjust any jumpers, I suppose it could be this but I think its quite unlikely. I could always be wrong though. http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/Jumperdipsw.htm This guide explains all about changing your jumpers, I suppose you would have to use google or the manual to find the settings you need but as I say, I've not done this so cant be much help sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:40 am

No it was restarting but it stopped as soon as I removed the spacers that were not needed on the case. Tonight is the make or break night. If I don't get it working by the end of the night I am either sending the motherboard back or taking it to someone who can do something ( dare I say pc world). I am getting withdrawal symptoms from my lack of pc and proper Internet. Just like being back in the twentieth century!
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:25 am

Haha PC World will charge a lot but may be able to sort it. Its such a shame you haven't managed to get it working. Lets hope for some good luck tonight Smile I'll be online all night if you need any last minute help
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 am

i would honestly mate avoid pc world and go to a local shop mate, you will get the same level of serverive a lot cheaper
Back to top Go down
M0nkeyBh0y
=T.O.D=
M0nkeyBh0y

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:56 am

I agree with Crack, Pc world are a big company and they always tent to charge more. whereas the local shop is trying to make a living and wont charge as much. I was thinking Could it be a lack of thermal paste? I know when you but a new cpu with heatsink it has some paste on it, but i always feel it's not enough to do the job properly. Just my 3p's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikeespaintballforum.freeforums.org
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Right so I have just taken out the ram and started up the mobo and there is no beep or noise at all. Is there any reason that isn't scary and expensive why this would be so?
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Has your case got a speaker? If you don't have a speaker it won't make a noise Wink and by speaker i dont mean the 5.1 surround sound kind I mean a small little thing that plugs into the inside of the MOBO

I have literally just built rebirths computer an hour ago and am having an almost identical problem! I am so confused!
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Ok just solved our problem. I hadn't pushed the RAM in hard enough, with this MOBO it clicks twice so i thought it was in when it wasn't! Out of curiosity try pushing yours in harder to see if that solves it Razz
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Definetly no beeps no visual either. Ram is definetly insitu. Bollocks. Ho hum. There goes my career in computer building. How lame.
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Damn, was really hoping it would sort your issue too Sad Hehe, well you can't say you didn't try. Take it to a PC repair shop and see what they say, could well be defective
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I`m back in the game.

All powered up and good to go.

Bring it on.

Cheers everyone for all the help and support during this difficult time.Lol.

see you online

Kev
Back to top Go down
M0nkeyBh0y
=T.O.D=
M0nkeyBh0y

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm

So what was the problem then Kev?
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:14 pm

I dont know to be honest.

What it wouldn`t do was:- display anything, beep on startup,show any kind of harddrive activity, and it would continually start up again and again.

I found that there was an extra spacer that might have been shorting out the board and unplugged and replugged everything many many times.

Eventually the thing that worked was resetting the rtc jumper.

It was my last ditch effort, make or break. i had already ordered a new Mobo and this was going to be delivered tomorrow.

So what was wrong? just some sorry arse noob trying to put a computer together. Learnt alot though and feel alot better about doing it again in the future.
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:22 pm

its all good experience Smile my first build was just as hectic; lots of problems and no idea what was ausing them. Each time you build a new pc it gets slightly easier but it seems you will always encounter problems (just take me with r3births comp, my 9th build and the huge problem i couldn't figure out was just that i hadn't pushed the ram in hard enough!) there is no cure for tiredness except a good nights sleep Razz

really happy that you got it all working though, hopefully i'll see you in game soon Smile
Back to top Go down
M0nkeyBh0y
=T.O.D=
M0nkeyBh0y

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 pm

Glad you got it working in the end. nice to also see that you haven't been put off building another system. I've built a few in my time and more often than not i get some sort of glitch.
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:34 am

Thinking about it I think by resetting the rtc jumpers I took the mobo out of safe mode or something. When I did the first start up it must have shorted on something and gone in to safe mode hence it not working. So glad I sorted it though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
=T.O.D=
Ghost

PostSubject: GET THIS IF YOU CAN AFFORD :)   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:42 am

My cousin worked for these .... they reasonable in most departments...
I get my stuff here still to this day
http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=47401&category_id=491&manufacturer_id=0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Wow, thats a pretty good deal for that kit tbh, the i7 core is £800 in my local pc shop *not a main stream one, just a guy with a hobby*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!   Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer envy. one of the eight deadly sins!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: General :: Tech Centre-
Jump to: