=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Describing Locations

Go down 
+4
ShadowScotsman
crack
jemiol
Kev
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

Describing Locations Empty
PostSubject: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Was playing a game tonight and I was trying to describe where the enemy was entering the titan to warn the squad etc. I think I came out with something like "watch out there is a guy coming in on the back bit on the right.... er... no left at the top.... "

Now I know this description was of no help to anyone but it did make me think that we maybe should have some quick reference points we can use to describe specific points on the titan and possibly other places.

Does everyone call the entrances to the titan a corridor (top and Bottom), The big boxes in centre of the cargo bay containers or do other people use other names, silos or towers or .....

What does eveyone think. I dont want to get too anal about it but I know there is stuff on the maps that I cant describe and I have played with people who have been really concise in their descriptions and this has helped emensly enabling quicker reactions and preparation. If in the heat of the moment if you hear a quick verbal description from a team mate this can make the difference between winning or losing. i.e " man top right hand corridor of titan."

the other thing is that when you are defending the titan you are orientated looking towards the back of the titan so the right side becomes
the left side and vice versa.

Obviously when you are attacking the right is the right.........i think I have confused myself!

Essentially if anyone has some quick and easy terms that can orientate everyone in the quickest way possible that we could use this may help improve our team play (which is already very good by the way.).

What terms of wisdom have you got guys?
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:53 pm

thats a good idea Exclamation
"vents" we should be calling akccess points from top of titan
"lower deck" would be the olatform with akccess to console 1 and 2
"upper deck" would be platform with akccess to console 3 and 4
"containers" would be big boxes on the "lower deck"
"lower deck corridors" akccess pionts from the back of titan
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 pm

this is a great a idea i have been in the same position before shouted "guys coming at the back of the core" and then seen every one run the other way and get shot in the bum Embarassed

i don't know if this would be really anal but we could always try and work through map by map even coming up with our own names for different locations and shit that get used.
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:38 am

"guys coming at the back of the core" and then seen every one run the other way and get shot in the bum"

Yes Crack that is exactly what I am talking about.

""vents" we should be calling akccess points from top of titan"
That is is a good name for them jemiol

"we could always try and work through map by map even coming up with our own names for different locations "
Thats a huge task but could work. Not sure I could remember for every map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:10 am

i know a few on camp G

"hotel bravo" is the roof infront of the crane
"everest" is the crane
"Rushers point" is the roof opposite hotel bravo
"snipers heaven" is the ledge on rushers point
"Apm maze" is the train wrecks the left of toll
"inf madness" is the train wrecks and roofs to the right of toll * the roofs just add a A B or C too, so Inf Madness A is the roof thats accesible from harbour flag
"Frag Alley" is the small allyways leading to toll flag *left or right is added to the name for the right one*
"the alamo" is the toll flag compound
"hotel Zeta" is the roof to the left of the flag
"Headshot 1" is the roof with the tower behind it
"attack point 1,2,3" are the ways into toll so the ally way is 1, the roof access is 2 and the main gate is 3
"Camp ground" is obs the camp lolz
"ruined frag alley" is the alley way to ruins
"Nade frenzy" is the main gate to ruins
"black hawk down" is the crashed talon gunship near eu main
"for the win" is the building infront of eu main or if your EU call it For the loss
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:19 am

Quote :
"guys coming at the back of the core"
we should always remamber that when we are in the core, back is back and front is front scratch mining
enemy comming from behind the sheaild are comming from the front and enemy comming from direction of "lower and upper deck" are coming from the back

Quote :
"we could always try and work through map by map even coming up with our own names for different locations "
Thats a huge task but could work. Not sure I could remember for every map
all the maps are very similar so we only need to have names for object on them like
building
[img]Describing Locations Buildi10[/img]
buncer
[img]Describing Locations Bunker10[/img]
conteiners
[img]Describing Locations Contei10[/img]
towers
[img]Describing Locations Tower_10[/img]
[img]Describing Locations Tower_11[/img]
trenches
[img]Describing Locations Trench10[/img]
train station
[img]Describing Locations Train_10[/img]
train tracks
[img]Describing Locations Train_11[/img]

im not to shure how to call this so i could usse your help here
[img]Describing Locations Bf214210[/img]
Back to top Go down
ShadowScotsman
=T.O.D= Match Organizer
ShadowScotsman

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:39 pm

i think one of the biggest problems on the titan is the right and left cordination

but if we decide to call consoles 1 & 3 right and 2 & 4 left or vice versa then it should be ok i think

as far as maps go if we decide on names for objects that apear alot of times like the towers ect then we can use the silo numbers or outpost names to help with positioning them
Back to top Go down
r3birth
=T.O.D=
r3birth

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Quote :
"guys coming at the back of the core" ... every one run the other way and get shot in the bum

Jeeze you guys, just think about what you are typing before you type it...there are ladies using this forum now!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Quote :
Jeeze you guys, just think about what you are typing before you type it...there are ladies using this forum now!!

lol!

that is about as polite as i get you should here what i say to the women at work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hawkpete2
=T.O.D=
hawkpete2

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:25 pm

this ones a good subject, i hope i can try to discribe locations like discribed. it would be helpful just ehen your in the middle of a firefight . ive told the odd teammate where there is someone when im lying bleeding to death in the dust, only to see my comrade get a knife in the forehead. but it will be good if we can do it. Laughing [img]Describing Locations R_bmp10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Space--Marine
=T.O.D= Designer
Space--Marine

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:11 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Really great idea Kev about this Topic !!!

As a french guy i always have pbs to describe the environment to awarn team,
so this topic will be helpfull to me !

Jemiol nice work mate !!!
i will say "stairway" about the structure with stairs : stairway 1st level, stairway roof by exemple...

and what about calling the 2 levels of titan roof ?

and most important about titan seems to be right from left...
perhaps we must use more an east / west reference than right/left , and taking reference with the head (gunship deck of the titan) of titan which will be ALWAYS considered as north, so consoles 1/3 will be west and 2/4 east...?
this is just an idea... scratch
lol!
Back to top Go down
skeeba
Founder of =T.O.D=
skeeba

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:49 am

rodger we have just seen a Jehad at walker !!... Also We Got a man down 10.. 4 ! MEDIC ! LoL
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Describing Locations   Describing Locations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Describing Locations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: Games :: BF2142 Chat-
Jump to: