=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hardcore all the way!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Horzah
Friend of =T.O.D=
Horzah

Hardcore all the way!! Empty
PostSubject: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Hello guys.

Was on your server tonight with some of the =101= and had a pretty good game. We switched elsewhere after the round ended in search of a Hardcore server.

Far be it for me to tell you guys what to do with the server you pay good money for (and please don't take this the wrong way) but after you have played HC I find it hard to go back to.......softcore(?).

I'm sure I don't need to sell it to you - I've heard you guys play HC on a Friday night usually. In HC when you shoot some f*cker he goes down, there is no kill cam to give away your position and vehicles have no 3rd person view. I know these settings can be tweaked but on the whole it seems a bit more...realistic IMHO.

Anyway, I'm not telling you guys what to do, I'm just saying why we bailed out. I know your servers are well run and well populated so you are obviously doing things right.

Just thought I'd say. Delete this if you feel its negative, its not meant to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scottishfamilysearch.co.uk/
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 pm

hey mate would never delete the thread even if i did think it was negative.

i know a lot of people like hardcore me myself i dont. i just think it takes a lot less skill and are overloaded with snipers as 1 shot any where kills and also spray and pray noobs.

we did used to run it with out kill cam but this made it a modified server and was never imposable to fill as would only show up if you were looking for hardcore servers and then people searching that woudnt want to join a modified server.

along with this i hate not having my mini map Sad and ive noticed on friday nights its harder to fill

i do know even people in the clan may like hardcore so thats why we have it on a friday night.

but mate thank you for the feedback and if the clan ever wanted to change i would be happy with that but just now me personally i prefer softcore
Back to top Go down
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:59 am

i think hardcore is great to do occasionally. it makes you look before you move. but i agree with crack, its easier to kill someone (as if it needs to be any easier now) and just makes people sit around too much. it also breaks alot of the perks in the game (radar ball for example)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ll221.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/rwhi
Horzah
Friend of =T.O.D=
Horzah

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:13 am

Thanks for the reply. I had never considered the points you raised.

I have never really been on that many servers where loads of snipers were camped in wee hidey holes and on times I have I think we have just left. You may be right about the lack of skill factor.

My opinion has evolved mainly from playing the BF2 mod - Project Reality. I don't know if you know it. I'm sure you will. It actually made it HARDER to hit something because it decreased weapon accuracy - simulating the difficulty and tiredness felt when carrying around what is after all a heavy piece of kit. Stamina came into it also, you could'nt sprint endlessly, although they did seem to make the distance a bit short when you consider that we were meant to be FIT fighting machines. I can run for miles in-game Laughing

As far as snipers were concerned in Project Reality you had barrel sway and had to be looking at and focused far longer in order to have any sort of accuracy.

My main point was just this - IF you are hit by ONE bullet you SHOULD be either (a) incapacitated until attended by your 'virtual' medic or (b) dead - or we as we say north of the border 'pan breid'.

As I said - this was just the opinion of an interested outsider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scottishfamilysearch.co.uk/
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:18 am

i agree if this was a combat simulator Very Happy but its not. as illustrated by the thousand of uzi carrying engys who can shoot you from the ends of the map! unfortunatley (ish) this is basically a consoley arcade shooter, hopefully bf3 will be a touch different but hey well see.
id love to play a game where everything is a simulation, where you need the correct weapon for range and alot of skill to hit something, but i have a feeling the average jo wouldnt, and thats where the dosh comes from Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ll221.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/rwhi
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:49 am

I have several issues with hardcore mode in general. We have Crack's point about it being a sniper fest which is true. It also exaggerates the current games problem of Gustav spam also and finally aside from losing the 3rd person view vehicles remain unaffected so they do far more damage and remain just as hard to kill. Heli's are utterly ridiculous and tanks are almost as bad. Hardcore mode in my opinion is a half arsed approach at pleasing the MW crowd. It is nice for a change of pace but can be more infuriating than the normal game due to the issues above not to mention the fact that some perks don't work and some guns are bugged in hardcore mode.

About the realism point. Hardcore military sims do exist out there. Arma 2 is probably the best example of this. Bad Company 2 is more arcadey than the battlefields that have gone before it and they were far from being sims themselves.

If we were to run the server as I liked we'd have conquest maps only with no kill cam. Problem is the server would be extremely hard to fill. Even as it is now Friday nights aren't as popular on the TOD server but its still more popular than when we tried conquest night Sad
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 am

completely off topic but i do think we should try conquest night again
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Horzah,

Hardcore can be okay sometimes but it can frustrate the crap out of me, so overall I prefer softcore.

The reason I dont like hardcore is when I play as a medic you dont get the resus symbol up that indicates where there is someone that needs reviving. It can be hard enough finding a body even when you know where it is. In hardcore unless you are right next to your buddy when they are shot you have no chance of reviving them cause a) you dont know they are dead and b) where they are!

I feel the balance on hardcore is all wrong. I dont mind the one shot kill, or no kill cam. I can even live without the map (although I miss it) but it seems to be balanced towards the people that where excellent at counterstrike (Oh I remember the days) and COD, and reduces the benefits of the support roles and the whole Battlefield gaming experience. And thats saying something when it has already been significantly reduced in BC2 anyway. I can see why people enjoy it though.

CapitainMagic says I dont like Hardcore cause it is for real men! Maybe thats true and I am hoping to have the operation soon to rectify that. The Doctor says It will heel within a couple of months and then I will be able to pee standing up!

Anyways, personally I am glad that we dont have hardcore all the time but each to there own.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore all the way!!   Hardcore all the way!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hardcore all the way!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: Games :: Bad Company 2 chat-
Jump to: