=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i want mass effect 3!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

i want mass effect 3!! Empty
PostSubject: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:56 am

i think the title says it all... dear lordey i want this game to be out now (although id rather wait for an extra year for it to come out perfect) i just wish consoles would move on now and get up to spec with us pc users and stop holding games back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ll221.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/rwhi
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:13 am

i just wish they would get back to makeing pc only games but i fear this will never happen Sad
Back to top Go down
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:22 am

gj whoever moved this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 6:28 am

Ninja
Back to top Go down
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:33 am

I'm kinda torn on this. While I did enjoy mass effect 2 I felt that instead of fixing the problems with the rpg elements in the first game they went and chucked them completely and turned it into a cover based shooter with conversation choices. The planet scanning was also one of the worst mini games I've ever come across in a game before. The ammo clips were unnecessary and the conversation choices were too binary consisting of goody 2 shoes, middle of the road or space asshole options and you can switch between them mid conversation half the time.

Now don't get me wrong I liked the game but I'm disappointed since it could have been a mind blowing rpg classic and instead became a good cover based shooter amid a sea of cover based shooters.

One thing I particularly loved about the game were the cut scene interruptions. Those were class.

I am more excited for the witcher 2 than anything coming out of bioware at the moment despite liking both mass effect 2 and dragon age. If you like rpgs I would definitely recommend looking it up. In the witcher seemingly arbitrary choices can come back and bite you on the ass later and usually so far later that you can't simply reload and do it differently. The second one seems to build on the great things in the first while solving the clunky combat mechanics and graphics engine.
Back to top Go down
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 7:42 am

yeah ive played the witcher but iwasnt overly impressed with it. all that hype about moral choices and i personally think it was worse then the 1 good 1 bad one in the middle choices of ME. played it through twice and not that much different happened (except i got all te sex cards the second time and the armour whcih again was pointless).
i personally was pretty happy they went down the middle of the shooter vs rpg. the rpg elements in ME were pretty much useless, and mostly annoying. plus imhappy they got rid of the mako, whil the palnet scanning thing was annoying it was better then driving around in the mako Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am

The witcher has its problems but the big deal for me with the choices was that you were never sure even after completing the game if you had made a good or bad decision. They were all various shades of grey and most of them had a subtle effect later in the game. Choose between helping triss or dealing with the frightener meant you had to deal with different enemies on the bridge into Vizima, how you deal with the weapons shipment can result in the death of a character later on, etc. Mass effect didn't have this. Aside from the endgame the choices in mass effect had no effect other than to put points into a meter.

I also don't think they went middle of the road with shooter and rpg. They paid lip service to the rpg by including a bare handful of levelling options and a miniscule weapon selection. I'm not saying it was a bad game but I feel they missed a chance to make a true classic by not fixing the original annoying rpg elements from mass effect. I'm very worried by what I'm hearing concerning dragon age 2. From what I hear they are going more action game than rpg with it. That'll make me sad as Dragon Age was a classic rpg style with some lovely grey moral choices as well.
Back to top Go down
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:33 am

i havent got round to playing dragon age yet. but i thihnk what youre talking about would be impossible in the mass effect universe. as its goign to be 3 games (i think) it has to be fairly on rails otherwise the writers would be totally screwed
Back to top Go down
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 pm

I know, but I can always dream eh. Plus they sort of managed it with the origin stories in dragon age blending into one and considering the glimpse of the story tree structure I saw if the witcher 2 I'm hoping it'll be the next truly great rpg.
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 2:50 pm

kaos im wondering if u like witcher game did u know that game was based on the book (its a witcher saga 5 books)? and i have read it about 5 or 6 times by now its one of the best fantasy books i ever read of not the best ever
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Jemiol u forgot about 2 books befor saga so it's 7 books and game start after last one!!! Can't wait Witcher 2 lol!
Back to top Go down
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah Jem, I loved the game and had heard it was based on a series of books. Unfortunately I haven't yet read them despite being a lover of sci-fi and fantasy books myself. Truth is I don't want to spoil anything that may happen in the witcher 2 so I'm avoiding the books altogether till afterwards at least.
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:13 pm

well when u finally get to read them u will be sorry that u haven't done it earlier Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:57 pm

I may pick them up beforehand as I understand they are set before both games but I'm not sure should I take the chance of spoiling any surprises in the witcher 2.

Also sorry touchstone. I seem to have derailed your thread just a little Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:27 am

Quote :
Also sorry touchstone. I seem to have derailed your thread just a little Embarassed
sorry for that bud

i haven't play the game but i don't think u will spoil anything i would say that u will understand game story better after reading books
Back to top Go down
LordOfKaos
=T.O.D=
LordOfKaos

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 12:46 pm

That may be true Jem but there's an element of mystery in the first game as Geralt regains some of his memories that would probably have been spoiled by reading the books first plus I can only find an english version of Blood Of The Elves, it looks like the rest have yet to be released in english.

To get back to mass effect 3. Has anyone played the dlc for mass effect 2? Its supposed to bridge the gap between both games but is any of it really worth the money?
Back to top Go down
Touchstone
=T.O.D= Recruit
Touchstone

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 2:01 am

if you love the game then definitley, if you hate the game then probably not... if you quite like the game id suggest getting the 2 newer ones because kasumi is just a little bit of fun (unless shes in the next game, in which case its kinda important :S). the one before the newest one, doesnt seem to have much to do with the storyline (although there were news updates from the dlc in mass effect 1 so i assume it will have some effect in 3) but the liara one ties into the books and is begining to reach into the next game. plus for the amount of time you get they are all worth 7 quid!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i want mass effect 3!!   i want mass effect 3!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i want mass effect 3!!
Page 1 of 1