=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loading the game faster

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

Loading the game faster Empty
PostSubject: Loading the game faster   Loading the game faster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 am

I'm sure you are all aware that when you start battlefield there are a couple of videos that you cant skip eg the one of the walker shooting you. This means it takes a while to start the game up however if you go to

Program Files -> Electronic Arts -> Battlefield 2142 -> mods -> bf2142 -> Movies

you will see a number of .bik files. To skip the intro videos you can either delete, rename or move these files (eg create another folder in the movies folder and put them in there) and when you start battlefield it will go straight to the log in screen.

Some of you may already know this but just in case people don't Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: Loading the game faster   Loading the game faster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks R3lic i didnt now about this!!! Now i will save my time for playng the game bounce hail
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Loading the game faster   Loading the game faster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:35 am

this may sound weird, but i used to do that then missed the walker Sad so changed it back Smile
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: Loading the game faster   Loading the game faster I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:29 pm

u laerning a new thing every day Smile thx relic hail
Back to top Go down
r3birth
=T.O.D=
r3birth

PostSubject: Re: Loading the game faster   Loading the game faster I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:01 am

The walker at the beginning really pisses me off. I wear headphones and it is sooo ridiculously loud! It is good to load the game without videos, but I am not sure it actually speeds up the load time as it replaces the videos with a black screen. Still, it is nice to get rid of the walker...I like the bass on the Dice intro though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loading the game faster   Loading the game faster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loading the game faster
Page 1 of 1