=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite/Hated Maps

Go down 
+2
jemiol
Kev
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

Favourite/Hated Maps Empty
PostSubject: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 am

What are your Favourite/Hated Maps?

My absolute favourite is Shuhia Taiba followed by Verdun (in conquest mode).
But I also like Suez, Belgrade, Sidi Power Plant, Minsk. The main reason is these are large maps and there is plenty of possibilities and options to try if you are having a bad game and getting a good spanking by the opposition.

I cant stand Tunis Harbour because I tend to have games where it is totally dominated by snipers and I get shot all the time (Boo Hoo Crying or Very sad ). I also dislike Cerbere Landing, Fall of Berlin and Operation Shingle because there are not that many vehicles and I have to run everywhere. My soldier is a fat unfit bastard who gets worn out easily. I hate listening to his heavy breathing. Puts me right off.
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:08 pm

hey we can use this topic as a survay to pick our faves maps for server

may fave maps in titan mode are suez canal, higway tempa
in conquest mode it will be camp gibraltar and cerbere landing, on the 2nd place would be tunis harbour but the small one like that we have on our serv
alsow i would add to my faves NS map port bavaria

i cant onestly say that i hate a map on bf2142 i enjoy playing on any of them but if i have to pick one it would be operation shingle there are two walkers on it witch u can hardly move around plus sniper campers on that map is a nightmare Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 pm

im a bit different i like the small ones a lot more action and usually turns to chaos on a large server small Tunis has got to be my favorite meant for 16 vs 16 but when there's 32 vs 32 oh its fun Smile apart from that there's small Verdun, cerbere landing, operation shingle and Suez canal titan not a fan of it in conquest.

there only 2 i don't like sidi power plant and Minsk. i just find them too big and u can be hanging around with no one to fight with for ages and when it does come along they have usually have a tank walker or apc so me and my voss just end up hiding Sad
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

My Favourite is suez canal and highway tampa in titan mode and camp gibraltar in conquest!!!
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:19 am

re: camp gibraltar

I have a love hate relationship with this map. If the teamwork is good and I am playing well then i like it but it tends to go the other way for me alot of the time.

I can have rounds where I just spawn die spawn die spawn die.......and get no points. Incidently my worst death streak was on this map (13) and my highest score in a round as well (141)....go figure.

P.S. As I meantioned before, the other down side of this map is there is too much running for tubby Kev`s soldiers. Keep on finding myself thinking "Oh dont run out of breath now of all times" and then I get blown up by a frag....grrr.
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Quote :
I can have rounds where I just spawn die spawn die spawn die.......and get no points

been there so many times got my worst death streak as well on this map aswell 27 Rolling Eyes it was when i was a complete noob with a shit rig but i know excuse's excuse's Razz

Quote :
P.S. As I meantioned before, the other down side of this map is there is too much running for tubby Kev`s soldiers. Keep on finding myself thinking "Oh dont run out of breath now of all times" and then I get blown up by a frag....grrr.

lol i know what u mean the run from harbor to toll is the killer, well to help your tubby soldiers out we could put the small version on our map im sure it go's from toll to ruins, or maybe we just need to get them on a treed mill Laughing
Back to top Go down
hawkpete2
=T.O.D=
hawkpete2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm

yep i know wot you mean boys, my faves are tampa, sheiba tilba,(bad spelling)..suez, dont mind coquests though sometimes like kev says,killed all the time. thats the game i suppose. sniper campers can be a pain, but quilty of it myself now and again.
Back to top Go down
r3birth
=T.O.D=
r3birth

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:49 pm

I like Titan games in general...Suez and Sidi are both good. Used to hate Verdun but now like it and I agree with Kev re: camp gibraltar.

Tend to have mixed games when playing conquest type games, depends so much on teamwork and revives...those who have played with me may have realised by now that I love to revive/heal anyone and hate it when it is not returned (by bad players) with exception of the clan, who normally try! Not always so good at killing, which I am working on and can normally attribute to lag/rubbish computer...!
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Hawkpete = "sniper campers can be a pain, but guilty of it myself now and again."

Hey thats the game, I would do it all the time if I was good at it. I guess what I hate is when the enemy are using one particular tactic which always works despite what you do i.e. good gunships which kill every vehicle on the map, snipers which cant be found and excellent dogtag collectors which defy bullets and come from nowhere. All down to their excellent skills. Sometimes it just doesnt go in your favour.... ho hum.
But still love the game to bits.

I played the multiplayer on call of duty modern warfare 2 and that is all down to gunplay doesnt contain the depth of Bf (Heals, support vehicles etc) I didnt like it, very quick rounds with nothing else to do but die if your reactions are not good enough on that particular day. At least on BF stratergy and other things are relevent to point scoring other than reflexes.

I LOVE this game!

Last edited by xxKevxx on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:19 pm

he did it again cheers
king king we should all learn from your wisdom xxKevxx king king

Last edited by bobek83 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks Bob but this wisdom represents a lot of wasted time on a computer. It doesnt unfortunately get me any money or buy that car i want. LOL.

Anyway, I am sure the others have some tips from their experience like Skeeba any suggestions about how to fly that bloody gunship better? I have seen your flying and it is pretty impressive..... And Crack is your kill rate enirely down to your reactions or do you have some secret strategy that I could apply, ie do you always approach around a corner in a crouch to get a better aim? I have played games against you, where you have "cracked" off a head shot on me and I am still aiming my gun..... is this your reflexes or are you aiming for a cerain point or shooting in a certain way?

I would like to think you all know some vital piece of info that I have never realised. I didnt know about walking past apm mines in a crouch until nearly a year of playing the game. Dont know why it never occured to me but it just didnt. I was always confused how the enemy could approach me from behind without setting off the mines i had placed to protect myself......How did they get past my mines and knife me??? The damn crouch. It was only when I looked back at just the right moment to see someone crouching their way past my mine with his knife. I remember thinking .."AAAAHHHh thats how they do it"...and then he knifed me. Shocked
Back to top Go down
bobek83
=T.O.D=
bobek83

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:30 pm

thats truth
everyone of us probobly have sam pice of info that others might not know with out reliseing it
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Quote :
Thanks Bob but this wisdom represents a lot of wasted time on a computer. It doesnt unfortunately get me any money or buy that car i want. LOL.

thats truth
but u could wast that time working hard and still have nothing but pain in your back Exclamation

it might be a good idea to have a topic with tips and tactiks where we all can shere our ideas like

takind a long shot with pilum
have u ever been kiled by pilum where shot was taken from top of tower at silos 2 on suez canal?
have u ever been in situation when after short run u took a shot at somethink and bulet mist target even when your aim was write?
u have to keep in mind that pilum is a havy wepon, anles u are very close to your target u need to stand still for 1 or 2 sec befoer taking your shot othetwise u have good chance to miss your target,
taking your shot while crouch or pron will improve your accuracy, again after going crouch or pron u have to bee still for 1 or 2 sec

i thoth i'll shere my expiriance with you here
good hunting Exclamation
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:05 pm

Quote :
And Crack is your kill rate enirely down to your reactions or do you have some secret strategy that I could apply,

some of it is my reactions but i do need to say i have spent a lot on my setup and i have a 50 meg line so if i get lag i know its the server not me, so this really helps my reaction times

its not all down to this but and heres some tips

these tips are mainly for assulat but you can use them for other kits to.

the main one is experince learn the routes people mainly choose and the hideing/camping spots on maps

so say you have got some one and they have ran and hide never chase them unles its only 1 or 2 bullets till there dead(will explain y in the next tip) instead stop think where are the going what way will they not expect me to come and do that sometimes it can just be as simple as go the other way and cut them off

now if the shoe is on the other foot once round the corner stop turn round and zoom in waiting on the person to walk into ure line of fire, if they dont appear in time you would expect they have gone the other way so turn round and wait on them comeing that way. if they dont show you know there smart enough and there gona try and flank your arse so get out of there quick stlye.

also a lot of people say aim for the head i dont, aim for the middle of there body at the top bigger target to hit and if you do it right the recoil takes the shot through the head if the recoil wont do this just switch to burst fireing this will increase your aim some amount.

kinda gona repeat some of the last tip burst fire is your freind this wil increase your aim some amount it can make a huge diffrence as if you do it right will remove the recoil eliment

one thing i love doing if you have cover and the other guys dont instead of staying up and just crouching when u need health. just burst fir un between courching this makes you a harder target but relley dont affect your aim that much, this is great agausnt groups during the week i done it to 4 guys when i was myself they were all medics so was dealing with revives as well but still heald them off long enough to take the flag.

one thing i think is imprtant is allways stay moveing not only will u piss snipers off waiting on you to stop for a second to get that head shot on you, it keeps you alert and when your at flags or silos helps you ctach guys running up expecting you to just be sitting there.

when you walk into one of the point blank spray fights cirlce the guy makes you a harder target and keeps him in your sights and never zoom in as they can move out your feild of vision far to easly.

also never go prone in a heads up fight, think about it what is the only part the other guy see's its your head so yea your harder to hit but not that hard and its gona hurt, crouch instead yes ure a bigger target but theres more of a chance he will hit your body and not your head.

and finnaly use your ears hear foot steps look behind you hear some one saying something like "i need back up" or "medic" and you dont see the txt apear then you have an enemy near you and remember if hes left of you it will only come out of the left speaker and so on.

hope this tips help and im not just saying stuff people allready know.

[/quote]t might be a good idea to have a topic with tips and tactiks where we all can shere our ideas like[quote]

i was thinking the exact same thing when readin kevs post
Back to top Go down
r3birth
=T.O.D=
r3birth

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:08 am

"kinda gona repeat some of the last tip burst fire is your freind this wil increase your aim some amount it can make a huge diffrence as if you do it right will remove the recoil eliment"

I totally agree with this. tapping your finger on the trigger when in burst mode is a big bonus - much more accurate. r3lic would also say switch between single shot and burst for long range.

As for thinking about what other people are doing, sometimes I do, but most of the time I am just too damn tired by the time I play at night, I am probably an easy target! Laughing But when on my game I find I predict movements well.

Good tips Crack, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 am

Nice work crack. Alot of your tips demonstate how important stratergy is, reactions only get you so far. I like that tip about aiming for the upper chest and allowing the recoil of your gun to move the shots up their chest into their face. Nice

" i have a 50 meg line "

Man I am jealous of that. Mine is 18 meg officially but doesnt run at that most of the time.

R3birth if you turn down your graphics make sure you keep the veiw distance scale on setting at 100%. This is a massive disadvantage if you have it any lower.
Back to top Go down
jemiol
Admin
jemiol

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:53 am

those of u who are using support kit have to remember that short burst fire sin't aplay to heavy machine guns, those guns are focusing their fire after 1 sec, u can clearly see that with Ganz HMG, u have to remember one more thing, tray not to overheat them coz ure waisting 2 sec after u can fire again, so u ltill will be fireing burst but it will be much longer
xxKevxx should know what im talking about
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:33 pm

"xxKevxx should know what im talking about"

Yeh Jem I do. the ganz is cool if you are staitionary waiting in ambush but the disadvantages of standing still are obvious.

I prefer to use the clark shotgun. very good in a melee and no worries about using it when you are running. However I do not have this unlocked so have to wait for some good squad play so I can get a field upgrade.

My Northern strike update doesnt work so I can not get all the unlocks available unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 pm

thanks guys glad you like it

Quote :
r3lic would also say switch between single shot and burst for long range.

i could not agree with this more

Quote :
" i have a 50 meg line "

Man I am jealous of that. Mine is 18 meg officially but doesnt run at that most of the time.

its great honestly well worth the moeny if you can get it then do you wont regreat it.

one thing o forgot to add theres a great program called TCP/IP optimizer this will change your tcp/ip settings in windows to get a better conectiona nd if your running xp with anything near 20 meg its a must as xp was never desgined for these speeds

get it here

and kev with northen strike it could have bee the way you pacthed the game this has screwed me many times

try a fresh install then
patch 1.4
northen strike
patch 1.4 again
then patch 1.5 full

this should get it working
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am

Hey Crack. Thankyou for the tips. going to try them both (optimiser and reinstall). If this works you are a genius. Fingers crossed.

Thanks buddy
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:13 pm

I will keep the fingers crossed for you mate Wink
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:36 am

This forum has covered a variety of topics. Going to try and get back to the point.

"hey we can use this topic as a survay to pick our faves maps for server"

If we could all put forward the maps we want to play on our server what would they be?

I can see from the posts that everyone has different ideas.

Any large Titan map is cool with me, But if i could put forward one of my favourites that would be Verdun (Large conquest) (If that is unpopular then maybe Large Suez Conquest).

However, I am flexible and not too bothered if you dont want to use these suggestions. I am totally happy with what everyone wants to do.

By the way it was wicked last night. Our server was full. Good game play and shit loads of =T.O.D=s.. great fun.

Also does any one speak Russian. I have a bf2142 buddy I have been playing with for quite a while (Crazyrusmitsy). I have tried to invite him to join Tod. trouble is he doesnt speak english and I dont speak russian. I tried again last night writing and verbally but no understanding. He talked for quite a while in response to my question but I have no idea what he said lol! . Shame. It would be nice to get him to join because he tends to follow me round where ever I play. He is a good squad player even if we cant understand each other.
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:23 pm

By the way . Thanks Crack. followed your suggestions re install. Worked like a dream. Like I said ...your a genius. Cheers
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:13 pm

Brilliant kev glad it worked for you. How did the tcp/ip optimizer work for you?

My favourite is tied between two suez canal and small tunis

Would be great if everyone post there favourite or even top 2 if ure tied like me Smile then we can get a map list with everyones fav on it.

Was a wicked game last night even though my side keeped getting its arse kicked lol

Oh and last night monkey got a punkbuster kick and coudnt get back on cause we were full if this happens to any one let me or jemoil know on xfire and we will kick someone for you if ure in this postion

Going to have set up the reserved slots so everyone can get in when they want
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 2:18 pm

in regards to the optimizer. Installed it and used it. I havent noticed any difference yet. but of course the optimiser said that it had made a huge difference! I might try it again and see. It maybe different since I reinstalled everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite/Hated Maps   Favourite/Hated Maps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite/Hated Maps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next