=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kev`s Upgrade!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
crack
Admin
crack

Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:56 pm

fantastic man yea i wanst going to bother for ssd for a while will take a bit of time till they become value for money.
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:59 am

Relic has always when it comes to computer matters you are right. My ram is not DDR 3, it is DDR 2. Sorry. I must have had a moment !! As to the games port message about only being able to operate in 32 bit. That is all it said there wasn't any address for it. Can't find it now. I selected ignore,originaly so god knows where it is now!

Duck. I think it must be my chipset and moherboard and possibly some driver conflict.( which I cant isolate). I tried bc2 last night using direct x 9. No improvement. Itcould be Internet cause if is worse when there are loads on the server. But that could also be the chipset too.

However, Razvan has around the same rig as me and his game experience is fine. There must be something wrong with mine. Are there any test that could be done online ? I can't find any.

If I buy the chipset and motherboard you recomended relic what Else would I need to buy. Does the pci stuff, bus enumarator and all the other weird stuff I see listed come in my device manager?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:06 am

ahh yes you are correct crack, i just read that a tweek lets you use all 4gb.
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:59 am

Ok, lets do a bit of benchmarking to check what power your PC is running at.

http://www.passmark.com/download/pt_download.htm

Download version 7 64bit and when it is installed click 'Run Benchmark' on the left hand side. Once the test has finished let me know the final score, and the scores for each component and also tell me which of the green bars are the shortest.

This will give us an idea on whether your computer is bottlenecking at any point.

Next go to

http://www.speedtest.net/

and

http://www.pingtest.net/

and run the online tests. Again, post the results here. This will test your bandwidth and ping, telling us whether your internet is the problem.

If it is neither hardware or internet then it is most likely a driver issue.

As for the upgrade, the only components you need to worry about when building a PC is MOBO, PSU, processor, RAM, GFX card, HDD and CD/DVD drive. All the extra components are built into the motherboard so you don't need to worry about them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:58 am

Cheers Relic

Good to know about the motherboard. I have an adequate psu 850w, dvd drives.

Looks like i will have to buy some ram, a cpu and a MOBO!

Thanks MOFO. Check out my ride. Any good?

Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 Perfre10

PassMark(TM) PerformanceTest 7.0 Evaluation Version (http://www.passmark.com)
Results generated on: 28 May 2010

Benchmark Results

Test Name: This Computer
CPU - Integer Math: 269.8
CPU - Floating Point Math: 833.5
CPU - Find Prime Numbers: 253.4
CPU - SSE: 7.3
CPU - Compression: 1621.3
CPU - Encryption: 7.6
CPU - Physics: 63.6
CPU - String Sorting: 925.3
Graphics 2D - Solid Vectors: 0.9
Graphics 2D - Transparent Vectors: 0.9
Graphics 2D - Complex Vectors: 81.5
Graphics 2D - Fonts and Text: 99.1
Graphics 2D - Windows Interface: 56.3
Graphics 2D - Image Filters: 112.2
2D Graphics - Image Rendering: 201.9
Graphics 3D - Simple: 1012.8
Graphics 3D - Medium: 400.3
Graphics 3D - Complex: 27.7
Graphics 3D - DirectX 10: 8.7
Memory - Allocate Small Block: 2690.5
Memory - Read Cached: 1071.2
Memory - Read Uncached: 1009.3
Memory - Write: 950.5
Memory - Large RAM: 969.5
Disk - Sequential Read: 53.8
Disk - Sequential Write: 46.8
Disk - Random Seek + RW: 2.5
CPU Mark: 1477.0
2D Graphics Mark: 188.8
Memory Mark: 583.1
Disk Mark: 373.1
3D Graphics Mark: 749.4
PassMark Rating: 714.7

System information: This Computer
CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
Number of CPU: 1
Cores per CPU: 2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+
CPU Speed: 2418.2 MHz
Cache size: 512KB
O/S: Windows 7 (64-bit)
Total RAM: 4095.6 MB.
Available RAM: 2913.7 MB.
Video settings: 1600x900x32
Video driver:
DESCRIPTION: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
MANUFACTURER: NVIDIA
BIOS: Version 62.92.84.0.61
DATE: 4-3-2010
Drive Letter: D
Total Disk Space: 144.2 GBytes
Cluster Size: 4.0 KBytes
File system: NTFS
]

Speed test =
download= 9.24mb/s
upload= 1.11mb/s
Ping=26ms

Ping test = B*
Ping = 19ms
jitter = 2ms
server=3.9/5

and for some reason it wasnt able to test packet loss
Back to top Go down
Kev
=T.O.D=
Kev

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:17 am

Considering the other forum discussion started by crack about his graphics card, would it be better for me to buy a kick arse graphics card like the one suggested or would it all still play shit. Is it it better to do the whole cpu and MOBO etc. I know we have covered some of this in my previous topic earlier on this year but just to clarify please.

Thanks for all the advice man

Appreciated

Kev
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Well looking at those results - your internet is great, the problem clearly isn't with that; low ping and high speeds. From the benchmark tests it looks like your RAM and processor are holding you back a bit. Do you know what speed the RAM is? it will either be 667MHz, 800MHz or 1066MHz. I have a feeling (by looking at the results) it is 667MHz but I doubt this is the problem. Your processor is quite dated (2.4GHz dual core with only 512 cache) which if anything hardware wise will be causing the problem.

Quote :
would it be better for me to buy a kick arse graphics card

Unfortunately this won't help as it will just cause bottlenecking; basically to get the best results you need to make sure that you are running similar powered hardware or as the name suggest one part of the computer will slow everything else up. Due to the fact that games use Processor, RAM and GFX card heavily if one piece is a lot slower than the rest all the data gets clogged up there while the others churn through it. (Not very well explained but hopefully the term bottlenecking makes it obvious what happens)

It's still not definite that it is a hardware but looking at the required specs the game asks for a core 2 duo of 2.0GHz or higher so you are sitting quite close to the mark and the low cache doesn't help.

Ensure that you have all of the updated drivers one final time and if that doesn't work we will work on your hardware Smile
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:21 pm

I've just had a google around and there are lots of people reporting that they can run the game on High settings with the 9800 but there are a lot of people with lower powered dual cores who are complaining of slow speeds. Looks like it could well be the processor then.

If you are sure you want to upgrade your comp start a new thread about it and I will help you from there (makes it a bit less cluttered Razz)
Back to top Go down
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:41 pm

i would agree with relic say the dual core mate ive got the 2.4ghz my self and had to over clock it to 2.7ghz to get some smooth playing out of it and even then its only on minuim settings and i can still get lag spikes

the problem for me and you is the game is just not signed for a dual core you are ment to have a quad for it
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Yep, recommended is Quad core. I always try to make sure that I meet the recommended, rather than the minimum because as minimum suggests - it will play the game...just Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kev`s Upgrade!   Kev`s  Upgrade! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kev`s Upgrade!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
=T.O.D= :: General :: Tech Centre-
Jump to: