=T.O.D=
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troops of Deception a mature gaming clan for the battlefield series

HomeHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anyone want a little challenge :P ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowScotsman
=T.O.D= Match Organizer
ShadowScotsman

anyone want a little challenge :P ? Empty
PostSubject: anyone want a little challenge :P ?   anyone want a little challenge :P ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 am

before i start i'll just say this is basicly just encase anyone does know or fancies having a crack at it Razz ive got the old re-format to fall back on if all else fails here Razz

my neighbors computer was playing her up so i went to check it out and try to fix it, and for the life of me i couldnt lol so heres what i know so far

problem 1:
the 2 dvd-rw drives are being read as cd drives on the computer, completely failing to recognise dvd's at all but they will take cd's fine
ive tried updating the driver for the drives, but cant think what else to do

with that one i have a funny feeling it might be something to do with the OS as she has had tons of problems with virus's before,

problem 2:
everytime she starts her computer she has bas visual graphics aka the colour is always set to 8-bit and the resolution is always at the one below 800 x 600, i think this is the graphics card because she gets problems with picture quality when she is playing even small games, i cant quite remember the make of the card but i remember its only a 64mb card,

i havent tried much with that one other than i know once the pc has started i can change the resolution and qulity to 1024 x 700 and 32-bit no problem

anyway like i said this isnt a majour thing since i have the reformat to fall back on for her and she has another graphics card that used to work that i can try too Razz just thought i'd post this encase anyone did know what was causing those two Razz
Back to top Go down
r3lic222
Admin
r3lic222

PostSubject: Re: anyone want a little challenge :P ?   anyone want a little challenge :P ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:51 am

Hmm sounds dodgey, in this case I would generally do a reformat as you have suggested. You could try removing the HDD and scanning for viruses on your comp (careful not to get your comp infected too though Razz) to see if there is anything there causing the problem.

As for the graphics card 64meg is more than enough to run 1024x768 resolution so again that could be a driver issue or something.

Quite often viruses screw around with registry files which I suppose could be causing these issues, easiest way to sort it would be a reformat really.

Out of interest what OS is it? XP?
Back to top Go down
http://www.patgaunt.co.uk
crack
Admin
crack

PostSubject: Re: anyone want a little challenge :P ?   anyone want a little challenge :P ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:54 am

i would say a reformat as well to be honest but i have seen the dvd drive problem before and it was the drive was fucked and had to be replaced.

if you think its got virus i wouldn't hook the hd to your pc just reformat that's the best way to get rid of them

i would say with the gfx card its either the drivers or what relic said and the registry has been fucked up
Back to top Go down
ShadowScotsman
=T.O.D= Match Organizer
ShadowScotsman

PostSubject: Re: anyone want a little challenge :P ?   anyone want a little challenge :P ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:58 pm

okie dokie Smile cheers for your help guys and yea its xp with home edition sp3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone want a little challenge :P ?   anyone want a little challenge :P ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone want a little challenge :P ?
Page 1 of 1